Thursday, February 16, 2012

Steven_J asserts...

There's no evidence that David saw death as anything other than dark and hopeless.

---

Steven, this would be true, of course, except that it isn't. There is evidence that David looks forward to eternal life beyond the grave. David says...:


No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
      My body rests in safety.

For you will not leave my soul among the dead
      or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.

You will show me the way of life,
      granting me the joy of your presence
      and the pleasures of living with you forever.


Psalm 16:9-11 (NLT)


You are free of course, Steven, to quibble over whether David's words here are figurative or literal, and carry on with your elaborate distractions from the truth.

But the meaning expressed in David's words here is clear: David looks forward to the pleasures of life forever with God, beyond the grave.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment