Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pick Up Sticks

Steven J asks...

Are you suggesting that we (or you) are free to pick up sticks on the Sabbath because Jesus is the fulfillment of the fourth commandment?

@Steven J

Yes, exactly.

I am free in Christ to gather firewood on the (ritual Jewish) Sabbath. In Christ, I am not under the condemnation of the Law.

Recall that the religious leaders accused Jesus of violating the Law when he picked grain on the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:1
Mark 2:23
Luke 6:1

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, and I am in Christ, the life of Jesus is in me.

Would also prohibit me from wearing fabrics woven of two kinds of thread, or prohibit me from having bacon on my cheeseburger?

I am not under the curse of the powerless law. I am set free in Christ.

HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment