Thursday, July 1, 2010

Those Infernal Parentheses

culberto said...

Don’t murder (violated through hatred). Don’t commit adultery (violated with lust--see Matthew 5:27-28).

You see Ray, the reason that you have to keep adding those infernal parentheses is that it *isn't* all there. Reading this post reminded me of my experiences reading the Bible you sent me. Just unbearable.

@culberto,

The truth is that those infernal parenthesis *are* there. They are there because Jesus teaches the full meaning of the Law and the commandments.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17

Jesus reveals that the former Law was only a shadow. The commandment appears to prohibit the taking of an innocent life. But the reality is that the commandment is against anger. Anyone that has a heart of spite or malice, they are guilty of breaking the commandment.

(See my prior response to captain howdy.)
June 30, 2010 6:37 PM
Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment