Monday, April 4, 2011

the hand I was dealt

LordBeans said...

"God made me this way, that's why there's a hell!"

There is a hell because God created it for Satan and his demons; he did not create it for you. (Matthew 25:41)

"Intelligent design leaves no room for tragedy"

Oh, how we all miss Dimensio. If he were here, he would certainly entertain us with his parrot squawking about unsubstantiated assertions.

"I'm doing what God planned for my life"

How certain are you, Lord Beans, that you are following God's plan for your life?

"I thought I was golden when I asked Jesus to save me"

I think there are many in your same shoes. I think many are led to believe that asking Jesus to save them is what is required. But that is not what the Bible teaches.

"but as it turns out, it wasn't the hand I was dealt."

You were dealt a hand, just as everyone was. And it's your privilege to play that hand. You are free to reject the dealer, and to do whatever you want with the cards. But don't presume that what you choose to with the cards was the plan of the dealer.

"There is only reason to rejoice!!"

There is reason for rejoicing when something of great value is found.

No comments:

Post a Comment