Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hebrews 11

MVP said...

All you say is "Hebrews 11" which has nothing to do with repentance or Jesus (it does in fact show other ways in which people got into heaven - by faith - so your "repentance to Jesus is the only way" is refuted by your own bible reference)

@MVP

Hebrews 11 has EVERYTHING to do with Jesus. And it does NOT "in fact show" any OTHER way "in which people got into heaven [sic]". It shows that the ONLY way to be saved is by way of Jesus.

And, just to clarify, I've not used the phrases "repent in Jesus", "repentance in Jesus", or "repentance to Jesus".

You are the one that chooses to use those awkward constructs. Given the large degree of confusion you have about some pretty simple ideas, well, it just leaves one to wonder what sort of meaning you twist into those awkwardly constructed phrases. I'm not even going to venture a guess what you mean.

But I would like to clarify something for you. In the Bible, the verb "repent" refers to a physical action. It is an action. It means that I stop moving in the direction one I'm heading, I stop dead in my tracks, and I to turn around. I turn around 180 degrees, facing in the complete opposite direction, and I begin moving in the new direction. That's the word picture of what the word "repent" means.

In Biblical terms, the term "repent" means that I stop moving away from God, with my back to God, and I stop and turn to face towards Him, and I begin moving towards Him.

There is a Biblical focus on "repentance". And this is because this is an action that is under my control. It is a decision that I am free to make. It's a choice that no one else can make for me.

God promises to honor my decision. If I choose to move away from Him, then God will honor that decision even after I die. God allows me to make the choice. If my desire is to move away from God, and that's the decision I make, then God will honor that choice when I die. God will not force me to be in His presence.

God gives me a choice. But... I have to make that choice now, before I die.

Have you made your decision, MVP?

It's not too late, for you to stop moving in the direction you are heading, and to turn back towards God.

The choice is yours.

November 24, 2010 12:48 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment