Monday, March 21, 2011

chalk that up

z76 said...

As for your appraisal of my knowledge of how to understand the Bible, I will chalk that up to careless and unfounded pontificating on your part. You know nothing about my abilities concerning the Bible, and ought not to speak of things of which you are ignorant.

@z76

You are quite right, of course, that I am making a judgment, based on incomplete information. I have only what you say as evidence of how well you understand the Bible.

It is true that I am ignorant of many things.

But, to clarify a point, I made no statement that suggested that you were incapable of understanding the Bible, or that you lacked any capacity or ability for it.

That's certainly not what I think. Such a charge against me is disingenuous.

From the evidence I have, from what you have said, I stand by my assessment of your understanding of the Bible. You are not alone. Many choose to read the Bible with the "light off", and they fail to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment